RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

The pictures I promised plus latest update!


So where do I begin actually. Lets go back to like day 4. SO all last week I watched the leaving teacher in class and that for real, was it. Its funny because it's like a tv show or something that keeps going on even when the same person can't play the role. So exit Jade, insert me, the new Jade. New face, same cast, same show keeps moving. I've taken on her classes, her home, with the same furniture and it's funny that we are similiar in appearance.I'll probably cross some of the same friends because the expat community is larger than I thought by a long shot but, still pretty small. Anyway, I watched a class and went home everyday last week, went to the PC bang to check my mail, or waited in my apartment until I nearly starved to death before I would venture out to eat. Lucky me, I was able to meet up with this really cool Korean and Japanese girl from Blackplanet.com . We went to Itaewon which is the foreigner district,( basically little America) and partied at this bar that played really good music. I hung out with her for sushi at lunch later in the week too. Oh and my coworker showed me how to get to E-Mart!!!It's like Wally world but better!!. Better you ask? certaintly not?! Oh yes my friends a super "Wally world" in English in a foreign land is most definetly better and they really have everything! Um yeah so... another great thing about Korea is that I'm a baller on my American chump change. A full dinner with main meal, soup, and salad is like 5 dollars and slammin too. I love asian food, not like bootleg 5 dollar chinese food at home but, Korean food truly makes me happy. Lastly, well actually close to lastly, I went out last night to a spoken word here, hung out with these 2 korean guys at a bar and got to visit Hongdae which was like ATL in Korea. Black folks everywhere. I was lovin it like Mcdonalds, and I love Mickey D's. So for a cap, I moved into my rickety behind raggedy behind apartment today, and you'd have to be me to be excited about it. I don't know, maybe because I haven't had my own in two years, or maybe cuz I've lived in worse and paid for it, or maybe cuz I see it's potential but, I like the dump. It's cozy and it will be home for the next year. So below, I have taken video which by the way does not play sound, of my apartment and uploaded pictures that I've taken around the way.


Im trying to paint a picture here. Giving you a play by play like your on the trip with me. it works better if you make the pictures and videos large. Here is boarding for Seoul. I managed to get the picture with all 5 foreigners on board.lol




IDK WTF this says but this was one of the TVs in the back of the seat. This is Asiana and not seoul plane right?lol. get it tvs in the ride, soul plane seoul plane? whatever! These Tvs play music, good up to date movies, give announcements and play games!!!


I think they're saying your ass is grass if we crash.


my meal on Asiana. They hook it up! feed you good. 3 times in 1 day!


did I mention... complete with tadpoles with eyes and a foreign coke!






Begginning my life anew as an immigrant.


I turned in my 300 american dollars for 320,000 won. Dun Dun Dun we gettin A-rab money! or um Korean actually. Balling! Ill be a millionaire come this first pay day!


They say Asia is the safest places to live but um... this is Gangsta!


Some neighborhood shots. It's a developing country. It looks a little third world in some parts but believe it or not this is the nice side of town!








my boss was nice enough to take me out to eat the first few nights. On my own below, is what I ate. Im telling you being illiterate is tough!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment