RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

Life at the corner of a PC Bang

So I have arrived in Korea and I have so much to tell you, but I'd agree it'd be better to show you. I am currently around the corner from my temporary but, nice apartment in a basement with a PC Bang, which means public computer lab at a dollar an hour. For starters, the cashier couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak Korean, so we had fun exchanging smiles and hand mimes. I understand finally what it is to be a foreigner. These things don't bother me yet because I am new but, Im sure in time they will fester. Like today I didn't eat until my boss came to rescue me. Every restaurant had the menu in korean minus pictures, and I was to afraid to butcher the language and order. Maybe i'll try tommorrow. So instead I opted for worldwide potato chips and minute maid for breakfast, which I have a picture of. I'll just post a mass of pictures at a later date, maybe within this blog maybe not. So let's backtrack for a minute. I arrived in Incheon at midnight 6 hours after my original expected arrival. Of course my boss did not know when to expect me so he was not there. Luckily, God blessed me with alot of patience and I had alot I needed to do to be settled. So after fumbling with my bags to find my converter to charge my computer so that I could get his number, I freshened up,and then went on to struggle with the pay phone. I learned from the picture on the phone that you need to press 001 plus 1 and then the number. The phone kept hangin up every 20 words so I hung up with mom and told her I would call her back. On the flight I ate some 빔 비 법 bimbibap and tadpole looking fish. I was already eating it before I realized it had eyes!!! Anyways Shouts out to ASIANA Airlines. They're the best ever!!! They provide you with a pillow, sleeping mask, blanket, slippers, toothbrush, movies, games and 3 meals! Plus, did I mention, great customer service!!! I was relaxed the entire way over. Plus, I had a helpful row mate who had flown on Asiana many times and he was like 411. He kept me up to date on how things were run and what to expect. Once again many pictures of all this to be updated later. I used to hate when I read a blog annd they said that but, now I see why. Asia is suprisingly alot like America on the main streets, but one turn left in your like oh wow Korea!!?!! narrow cobblestone, or maybe just broken streets, street vendors, skooters, and no foreigners. 12 million people live in this city alone! It doesn't appear that way at all however. The money goes along way here too. For two people to eat out, it's like 10 dollars with tip included at a sit down restaurant. I love it here but, I can tell already a year may be longer than I thought. I guess none of it felt real until yesterday and it still doesn't. In certain areas it feels like I just went to a different part of Georgia. Anyways, I'll get you all those picks shortly. Anyong hi kaseyo 언 용 히 거 새 요 !!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment