RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

HaPpy HAllOwEen!!! Muah ha ha

Well, my actual Halloween night was uneventful but, I wanted it like that. I stayed in the house, watched movies, and blogged. Actually, that's what I'm doing right now. However, I did attend the festivities at school (like I have a choice. It was fun actually. I got to dress up as a... yes, you guessed it...a witch!! Teacher witch Korean poses. my students were fighting over the camera that's why it's blurry. My bomb discount costume.lol.It was creative for a one time thing. Can you peep the striped tights? I think I've been the same thing every year that I was allowed to be something. The does and don'ts varied alot as a kid. Anyways, classes were shortened and we were able to scare the kids. First we brought the kids into the auditorium/kindergarten room and played a riddle game with them. Then, we had a best costume contest. For some reason All of the kids were witches, or some variation of the scream mask meets whatever they wanted, or the infamous skeleton hoodie. Nothing unique or spectacular here. little witch. I adore this girl. She is so sweet. I was cheering for her loudly even though like 7 other kids had the same costume on. I'm bad. This is one of my students. This kind of looks like his normal face no lie. Same bone structure.lol One of the contest There was only one girl who "thought outside the box" and dressed up as a cat.I have a picture. I digress... After the contest the kids participated in making mummy races with toilet paper. I decided to film the one student who didn't want to participate (just my luck. Oh its somewhere in this post).

After mummy races, the kids did a bootleg version of Bloody Mary. The crowd of children yelled Bloody Mary 3 times and my coworker who was dressed up as Freddy Krugar ran in the room and grabbed their heads with the claw. The young children cried. The older children were not impressed. Freddy. He's a little less scary as a midgit I must say. Lastly, one class at a time the students went into a dark room behind some curtain and got scared. The school called it "Trick or Treating" though I don't quite get this concept. They did give candy afterwards to the brave souls that went in but no one knocked on the door, or even said the words "trick or treat". Whatever this is Korea. After all that fun they asked the children to go back to class to pass in homework and take a test. Needless to say, alot of students failed and made the warning board that day (Side note: Warning board is a great disciplinary tool they use at the school where every time you have to speak to a child you put them on the warning board. After 3 warnings they go see the director whom either takes these stickers that are worth money away or whoops them depending on the offense. One time this child had a whooping worthy offense and he got yoked up right out of the chair in the middle of class. After his beat down the director sat him in his chair and there were no more problems. I love warning board.) Ok so Halloween... Oh yeah, as staff we had to dress up too. I was a witch like I said, my coworkers were a vampire, a baseball player, a boxer, Freddy Krugar,Snowhite, a doctor, and a nerd from return of the nerds. I never know who may read this blog so I'll keep my comments about some of the people and their costumes at bay but just know I have some comments. Some here...some not. nerd the doctor boxer the staff Last but certainly not least, I took some photos of the children that make me happy. Now I believe you should never let children know, especially by words or actions, that you may favor some over the others but, the truth is that you probably do. I was down in the dumps upon arriving to school and my first 2 classes picked my mood right up. They always do. They're great. The third class seems to do the opposite but there is one here or there whom I still favor. They're a rowdy bunch but, I love them. They're the reason you become a teacher. Theyr're so sweet,eager to learn, and compete to please the teacher. If only the whole world were like them. Class 2- I don't know, they are definetly tied with class 1 for being my favorites. they're more calm and collected. It's amazing how the classes have personalities as a whole. These are my babies! Silver lining on every cloud student. I have her sister in my other class and she's the same way. They even look alike! Now I know, I would say if reading this, "They all look alike" but, when you see siblings it's like damn! How did your parents refine the genes to a science? I mean twin status even if they're years apart! Well that's a wrap my friends. I must go but, until next time anyong hi kaseyo!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment