RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

Happy Belated New Years?!!



drunk!!!!!!


So it's halfway through January but, I figured I should blog something. So why not tell you about new years. I had an absolute blast!! I don't have any pictures really because I drank a little too many drinks, and forgot my mission of being the Seoulcialite blogger. I always almost do. Jason is scheduled to come in February and hopefully I can make up photo wise then. Absolutely nothing exciting has went on this month due to my schedule at work. The kids here in Korea are from Christmas until February first, when they go to school for a week. Then they are off again until March. I think it kind of sucks though because they have a short summer vacation. So...yeah, um I'm working while there elementary school teacher is on break. The parents have to still go to work, so their kids come to Englishy school! On top of that, I have been hitting the gym at 5am then going to work for 12 hours.Yeah!! That skinny *itch on the inside wants to come out but, she's going to have to fight hard. It's only the second week of the month and I'm already taking breaks. The goal is to work out 5 days a week but, this week I only went 3. Last week I did go 5. Also, I've been eating very good I think but, not the Atkins thing. Not even close. The problem with the whole count my calories deal is that i'm eating unprocessed foods. So they don't list calories and i'm estimating. Estimating can be a big difference. I feel that if I try long enough something will give. I do the official one month photo shot and weigh in on February first. Wait for it!
Anyways....that was way to the left. New years...yeah so I went out with my coworkers to Gecko's, my favorite American restaurant in Itaewon, and started with a couple of martinis. I fifgured I start light and try some finger foods. After their friends arrived and a few more drinks, we were all friends. So we decided to hit a bar for the countdown. We went to the loft. Now here's why I love Korea...every thursday in Korea it's ladies night in the foreigner district. Ladies pay 5 dollars to get in and drink free all night. New Year's eve was thursday and guess what! they didnt change a thing. So I happily paid my 5 dollars and proceeded to drink free until 4am when free drinks were over.My friend showed up finally and my coworker continued to support my habit.She continued to encourage it as well. You're probably thinking, "Ok. she needs to go home now" but no I didn't. I hit two more clubs then I went home at 7am. My coworkers were still partying but, I needed sleep. Some random bumb, ok not bumb... kind however badly dressed midgit celebrating too I guess, helped me find my phone, which I had manage to lose and to the taxi. Sooooooo drunk, that I haven't drank since but, truly im not drinking for dieting purposes. When Jason comes I'll make a brief exception that sobriety is back on!! It was hard the first two weeks though, I'm not going to lie. I'm not an alcoholic but, I found myself bored as hell. Now I look at it as a challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment