RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

Happy Lunar New Year, Valentines day,MF B-day to me and weight loss update


So I managed to cross the earth in a new year yet, again I was alone and depressed on my birthday. I mean I think this tops all birthdays for the worst. That includes but is not limited to my fifteenth birthday, where everyone forgot. I thought it was a joke at first but, they literally forgot my birthday. Once realizing the reason for my pouting my aunt and mother ran to the store to buy a cake and some taco preparations. They tried their best to throw something together but, there was know coming out of the depression for me. To make matters worse it was about 8 in the evening by the time they remembered and once they got the cake to the top step it fell down all, however many there are, of them. Needless to say, I called it a night and went to bed. I hoped I'd never spend a birthday like that again. Well, no family calls this time, no emails from my friends I consider dearest. Actually, the people that came through, of course hubby who called and kept me entertained, were the firends I've made here in Korea. People that I've met on few occasions even made a point to wish me well. My Bff here came to my house(she asked for her photos not to be posted here), despite my funky attitude, bought all the preparations for and cooked me an authentic Korean meal, which was slamming might I add. She also toted along a deliscious chocolate and rasberry cake with party hats. I didn't feel like going out so she brought the party to me.

bliss


We ate, laughed, listened to music and drank muscoto. It was really great. I was appreciative too because I was really feeling down. Sunday I sat in the house in my depression, drank cheap Korean Soju, watched movies about people with more depressing scenarios than me, and slept all day between the drunken haze. Monday, I met up with my other friend for lunch. What would a birthday be without lunch. That was my exciting valentine's/Birthday/ Korean Lunar New year weekend. So lame! Not at all what I expected. I will try to get out my funk and make up for it next weekend.
In other news, I have lost weight. Well, maybe I should use past tense after this weekend.lol. Now I'm going to be depressed about the calorie damage. Anyway,I wasn't able to get on the scale due to the holidays but, it's apparent in my face and in the way my clothes fit. I never realized how much I tug on my clothes until,I'm tugging at something that's fitting loose. I think by March I'm going to really seeing the results I've been looking for. Besides this birthday weekend. I didn't allow myself the cheat weekend. I hadn't had any bad days up until this weekend. I think I'm going to stick with that. No cheat weeknds. Maybe just one a month. when I get back I'm be on my hubby too to do this with me. everything is easier with someone. I'm serious though. this is the longest I've ever been dedicated with such slow results. I have a goal to be a dime piece by the summer or pretty darned close. I'm bringing sexy back.
I've posted some pics of my change thus far but, you really got to look for the differences.lol. Slow but suttle changes.
chunky butt photo. This is me when I first came to Korea. I thought I was cute not fat. That's why I was taking this photo. Little did I know.
Not the same pants but you can look at the arms alone and see the difference. Just in general alot smaller but still needs some work. I obviously thought I was too cute here. This is about 3 weeks to a month ago.

bday me. The most recent pic of my face as opposed to the fat kid pic below where I'm happily holding an ice cream. too happy.
fatty

0 comments:

Post a Comment