RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

Life in the R.O.K


Yesterday, after reviewing my blog to find if anything would be offensive to my new audience/my family, I realized it took alot to get here. For a while, all I had been talking about was going home. I wasn't even really enjoying Korea as much. As I returned from the COEX mall today and walked down the back alley(most definetly a back ally. It is so hood) to my home,


I realized no matter how simple or whatever my life in the R.O.K (Republic of Korea)has been, I'm living my dream. A part of it. No it hasn't been very foreign, life altering, or really anything dramatic as I expected but,here I am standing in the middle of an opportunity to do whatever I want with my life and I'm going to take it. Not many people find thereselves in a position to do what they want, with all there ducks lined up in a row. Like I said before, I use my blog also for clearing my mind.
So...on to the next topic. Today I stumbled across the COEX mall. Well, I don't really think you can stumble across it. This mall is gigantic. It is the mall of malls. I was going to meet my friend for sushi and she told me to meet her at Samseong. When I got there she casually pointed and said, "That's where the rich hang out." Then we walked inside. I was definetly thinking WTF are we going in there then.lol but, I kept my mouth shut.


I should have taken pictures of the meal display but, I've eaten sushi before so I really didn't think about it. We went to this place that had Sushi plates on a moving display that went from the back of the kitchen and around the table. You simply grabbed the plates of the belt, and stacked them to your left. At the end of dinner. The woman added your plates up by color and your out. It was quite filling and mashi suyo/delicious! Then we walked around the mall.Oh, I stopped and made a wish at the wishing well too. It took me back to my childhood when I deeply believed in wishing wells. The mall overall took me back to my preteen years in the late 90s. They had so many American places in there. Even better they had American sizes in shoes and clothes, which is virtually impossible to find in Korea. They had Bennigans, that went out of business in the states amongst a few others. They also had Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Burger King, On the Border, Dunkin Donuts, KFC, and a whole lot more that I didn't make it to because I was so tired from walking around. They also had Nintendo, FUBU (WTF Americans don't even like that anymore and isn't it For Us By Us meaning black people?)
,a music store with old school artists(Method Man, old Mary, 50 Cent, etc), and some other oldies but goddies that I can't remember. I was constantly like, " oh wow, they have that here?".I'm going back again, when I can buy something other than a face mask. Face mask are heavily worn here in Korea. It's supposed to protect you from outside germs, even though it's cloth, or your germs from the outside if you're sick. I bought one because when it's cold, it keeps you warm with your breath(I know how that sounds.lol).
Until next time, anyong hi kaseyo/Goodbye!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think twice about being with that man of yours Im not gonna get into details but he is definetly cheating on you and it seems like to me you got it together don't fuck up your life for him he's not worth it why do you think he's always telling you he loves you because he's guilty trust he don't love you because if he did he would wait for you take my advice get out while you can I thought you should know.....

Anonymous said...

I would think twice about being with that man of yours Im not gonna get into details but he is definetly cheating on you and it seems like to me you got it together don't fuck up your life for him he's not worth it why do you think he's always telling you he loves you because he's guilty trust he don't love you because if he did he would wait for you take my advice get out while you can I thought you should know.....

Post a Comment