RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

Random stuff plus another black event

I need a tip drill!!

So let's start this post with another "Thats So Korean" item 2014. So as I was riding the train to the Brother and Sisters in South Korea event I noticed this ad and figured I just had to take a photo. I don't know what in the world this little Korean ad with a broccoli character could possibly be talking about but, I do know they have taken this scene from Nelly's "Tip Drill" cideo which caused much uproar in the AUC and in Hip Hop communities everywhere. In the "Tip Drill" video, Nelly is singin that it must be a girl's ass b/c it's not her face that caught his attention. The uproar comes in when he swipes his credit card through a woman's ass cheeks insinuating that he was pimping her or getting money from her ass. The reason this was such a big problem in the AUC was because the star of this scene was a student from Spelman. Spelman banned this video from being viewed on their campus after word got out. Anyway, I am still trying to figure out what does broccoli and pimping have in common. SO again, rather than ask why, I have simply opted for the thats so Korean answer.

In other news... I absolutely love my computer and modern technology. I am able to watch clear movies a day after they come out in the states on my laptop, google any question that pops across my mind, check my bank balance, shop for whatever it is I need at the moment and purchase it from anywhere in the world, find directions, reviews and current events online, exercise at exercisetv.com with free various videos, research a topic to prepare for my class, look for a job, apply for a job, study Korean, french or any other lesson I desire, keep in touch with old friends on facebook.com, plan/book a vacation, view a how to blah blah blah on Youtube, keep friends posted by updating my blog, talk to/view my hubby on skype! Speaking of hubby, heres a picture of him here. Miss you!



Moving right along... So the Bro and Sis of Korea event was great yet again. We all gathered at "The Hive" in Itaewon to eat, drink, smoke hookah, and watch Chris Rock's Good Hair Movie. Man did it spark up discussion. We had to get booted out or we would have continued all night. I didn't come with high hopes because I've honestly been tired of the good hair/bad hair conversation but, I must say it took a different angle. It was so Great once again like 30 black people in Korea speaking on the black community. it was fun too. I think my favorite part of korea is the Brother and siters group. it's funny because you think coming from Atlanta I would be used to it, but black people unite when we apart from our comfort zone. Anyway I absolutely love it. I'm going to try to bring this idea home with me.



spoken word guy



After that some of us went our seperate ways. Me and the same two girls from last weekend's events went to an upscale indian restaurant. I didn't eat and I forgot to take pictures of their food. I took a bite and it was delish but, It didn't look like anything spectacular. I will try it again in a few weeks.

indian food

Well, B.D.B.D.B.D thats all folks!!!! dah dah dah dah dah dah dah!
Anyonghikaseyo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment