RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

So....



Hey world. I'm guess I'm back for the time being. Life has been slow going for a while, and I did not want to transfer that to my blog. The summer is just about over and I am kind of floating right now with no direction. After 3 months, I still have not yet recieved my degree from Clark Atlanta university. I have turned down so many good jobs in Korea due to the fact that I cannot get my visa without this small, lack luster piece of paper, that cost me 40,000... and that's an estimation.
So... My life is on hold. Although, I have continued to move forward with the process anyway.People that know me understand that things always work out at the last minute for me, somewhat stuck in a forever state of recession. Most would call a day late a dollar short syndrome, I'd like to think of it as rather I'm recieving a late payment for my hard work and hey, late payment is better than no payment.
I digress. So I'm working with a company called Star Teachers and they are placing me at what seems like(you can never really know can you) a cute school in Daejon. At first, I was opposed to a smaller city. It's not rural, but I'm a major city kind of girl. I think I have acute ADHD or something b/c I'm always on the go. Anyways, I was opposed to going until I spoke to the recruiter. Boy did she prove my friend's flattery theory right! All she had to do is tell me how beautiful I was and how smart I sounded, and I was sold to the woman with the black hair.lol. I also did some research of my own and found that Daejeon is a metropolitan city and is the Science capital for Korea.They've also recently added and express route to Seoul. So Now I'm all excited and bubbly inside. Actually, I think this will be better for me because I think it will help me to learn the language and I'm told the apartments are bigger in smaller cities.





To get an E-2 visa you have to acquire the following:

1. original university degree (or notarized apostilled copy)
2. 3 sealed transcripts
3. criminal background check (CBC) (notarized and apostille authenticated)
4. health statement (2 copies)
5. a copy of the information page in your passport
6. a resume
7. passport photos
8. a signed contract

I have every last single thing except...oh what's that you say..yup, my friggin degree! All because I chose to go to a lazy behind, over expensive, bootleg, private institution! I've really been hot about this all day. Then, when I do get it. I have to rush it to Georgia get it notarized somewhow and then rush it off to get it apostilled. Thats not it! then, I have to ship it to my people so they can tell their people to set up an appoinment date.Once I get the go ahead I have to take a two hour trip to Boston to the Korean Consulate to get it stamped. The end! Sike!!!!!!!!! nope Lastly, I hope... I go somewhwere (it slips my mind at the moment) and get my visa stamped then I can move forward to leaving. I have about four weeks to get this all done and my degree hasn't arrived yet. I hope I dont have to turn this position down. tear tear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment