RSS
A blog about my life in Korea

Student Teaching

I will try to remain brief and positive about this. Tommorrow I return to school and attitude is everything. sundays are my one day a week when I am required to do absolutely nothing. I cant wait until there is a time when I get an entire weekend. When I first came into the semester I was so excited. I had been assigned to second grade, the grade I believed to be the best grade. I felt like we were going to have fun and for the most part i would have behavior problems because of the location of the school but nothing I couldn't handle. . .Ha! Last week I almost had a nervous breakdown. I am assigned to a class of 24 juvenile delinquents. Im serious they spit, hit, and cuss. They cuss alot and write nasty emails to eachother on the school program. sexual nasty at that. The children are so technologically advanced but so behind in the areas of common sense and morality. One of them stole 55 dollars from me last week and I have yet to find who did it. Im glad I didnt because that my mess up my whole dream of becoming an international teacher if i beat them. My class includes a few children who have definite visible signs of a behavior disorder but have been undiagnosed due to the slow handling of paper work. The rest dont have a disorder but have notorious reputations since kindergarten, and the ten behaved children that would work well alone have been converted until the rest of the school year. There are about fiv children who still do the right thing. Now that its almost over I am glad that my starting point was so rough because it can only get better I feel. I have practiced my classroom management strategies with the worst and though it is difficult the students prove at test time that they have learned from me and that makes it all worth it. Every weekend I regroup and Im ready to go back. I do give myself a pat on the back for my recovery ability. This week we finish up solids, liquids, and gases, contractions, and a number of other things. I missed the job fair yesterday. I dont care much though because my honest goal is to go to korea following graduation but Ill go to the next one as a back up plan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment